Almost a week away from the biggest, costliest Holiday of the YEAR!!!!
Right now most people are :
- Last minute shopping
- Wrapping ALL those gifts (and your thinking why did I get so much?)
- Preparing the menu for Christmas Eve and Christmas (cooking for an army)
- Attending all those Christmas Parties (and eating more then we should)
- Sending out those cute family Christmas cards (they weren’t so cute trying to take them!)
- Counting down the days till you have an extra day off from work. (YES!!!!!!)
We all know the sayings as they go,
“Jesus is the Reason for the season!!”
“Put Christ back in Christmas!!”
These are wonderful sayings, but they don’t mean much without the action behind.
Most of us have accepted Christmas as the worldly holiday it has become.
- Who can get the most gifts?
- Who’s house is decorated the nicest?
- How much many can I get this Christmas?
- Iphone, Ipad ……. I EVERYTHING!!!! (I think apple is onto something!)
Christmas is no longer about family and friends and that our Savior was born on this day. Its become a money hungry holiday. But we don’t have to make it this kind of holiday, we can restore Christmas back to its real meaning.
What is the real meaning??
(I am no Theologian, Philosopher, Author, or a Licensed Pastor, so don’t take my answer as though I am one of these. I am simply a Christ loving and fearing women.)
The day Jesus was born was the day Heaven came down to restore our broken world, and we were SAVED. Yes, Jesus’ death and resurrection are what saved us, but the day He entered this world set that all in motion!
So the meaning of Christmas to me is when Jesus saved us!!!!
I challenge you all this Christmas season to REALLY put Christ back into Christmas!!!
Let’s remind our Children why we celebrate Christmas.
Let’s be thankful for the blessings we have in our lives.
Let’s give back and volunteer our time to help others who are less fortunate then we are.
Let’s tell our family and friends how much we love them.
Let’s go back to church.
And most of all let’s thank God for coming into this world to save us!
Its a simple challenge, all it requires is a couple words and a few actions, but it will go a long way. No matter what Continent, Country, Region, State or Town you are in my prayer is the same that you and yours have a very blessed and Merry Christmas!!!!